Get Started With Dual Enrollment

One-Two-Free is the Montana University System's Dual Enrollment program. There are no additional eligibility requirements or extra steps needed to participate in One-Two-Free. Dual Enrollment coordinators at campuses that are part of One-Two-Free will help you determine how many free courses or credits you have remaining.

Ready for Dual Enrollment?

1. Determine Your Eligibility

  • Be enrolled in a Montana school district *
  • Be between the ages of 16-19 and/or junior/senior standing. **
  • Have successfully completed the required classes at their grade level and be on track for high school graduation within four years.

2. Contact Your Counselor

Contact your high school counselor to learn about course options and get approval to take dual enrollment. Approval from your counselor or another school official is a required part of the dual enrollment application process at each campus. 

3. Contact a Campus Dual Enrollment Coordinator

Dual Enrollment Coordinators on each campus can help you with the application process and direct you to the courses that will work best for you.

Dual Enrollment Courses:

Most 100- and 200-level courses are available for Dual Enrollment. You may take courses on campus, online, or in your high school. The best way to get more information on courses is to talk to your counselor or contact a Campus Dual Enrollment Coordinator

You may also use our convenient online form to have a dual enrollment staff member contact you to discuss course options, availability, and the registration process.


Contact Us About Dual Enrollment


* Enrollment in Montana high school district exceptions: The Commissioner’s Directive on Early Enrollment and Tuition Waivers includes a provision allowing traditional high school age students enrolled in GED programs, home school students, and middle school students to qualify for the dual enrollment student tuition rate in a qualifying program.

** Age and graduation progress eligibility exceptions: Exceptional circumstances may exist for individual students. When students do not meet one or more of the dual enrollment eligibility requirements listed above, the high school’s designated official may request an exception. Exceptions are most often requested for age, and less frequently graduation progress. The request must be in writing, explain the reason the exception is being requested, and provide evidence that the student can benefit from dual enrollment in the specific course, learn at the collegiate level in the course, and manage the combined high school and college course load. The designated college official or committee must concur in writing that an exception is warranted for the student to participate in the dual enrollment opportunity. In no case may exceptions be used to meet minimum class size requirements. Eligibility exceptions do not apply to required course prerequisites and required placement tests or scores (commonly required for mathematics and composition/writing courses). Homeschool students may request exceptions. Each institution may determine what non-parent individual should serve in lieu of a designated high school official, as well as the process for determining exceptions.